- The Board of Trustees of the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya ('CSMVS') operates csmvs.in. Our principal place of business is at 159-161 Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400023, Maharashtra, India. If you have any questions, you may contact us.
- CSMVS may change these terms from time to time so we recommend that you should check them regularly. The date of the last update and/or amendment will always be stated at the bottom of these terms.
The Data We Collect About You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). Your personal data includes information such as:
Other data that could directly or indirectly identify you
We only collect the information that’s necessary to carry out our business, provide the particular service you’ve requested and to keep you informed. We collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. The type of information we collect depends on where and when it is gathered.
What Data IS Collected?
Most of your personal data is collected from you when:
- You sign up for our programmes;
- You subscribe to newsletters or email lists, or request other information from us or complete surveys;
- You participate in contests, apply for a job, or participate in activities where we may require information about you.
To deliver the best Services to you, we may collect the following information:
Account related information is collected when you sign up for our Services. This information may include your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card information, etc.
How We Use Data
We believe in minimizing the data we collect. We will only use your data when we have been permitted to do so when it is needed to deliver the Services that you have accessed, or for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. These usages include:
Delivering, updating, and improving the Services that we provide to you. We collect various data relating to your purchase, use, and interactions with our Services. We use this data to:
- Improve and optimize the performance of our Services
- Identify and investigate errors, problems, and needed enhancements to our Services
- Collect statistics about the use of our Services
- Analyse how you use our Services and which of our Services are most relevant to you
Most of the data that we collect is statistical data about how people use our Services and is not linked to any personal data.
Sharing With Trusted Third Parties.
We may share your personal data with affiliated companies and with trusted third-party service providers for them to perform certain tasks on our behalf. This may include:
- Processing credit / debit card / UPI / wallet / net banking payments
- Delivering content and communications to you (such as email)
- Analysing Service usage and customer demographics
- Conducting surveys or contests
We only share what is needed for the third party to perform the tasks on our behalf. These third parties are prohibited from using, sharing, or keeping your personal data for any other purpose, and are bound to strict data processing terms and conditions.
Communicating With You.
We may contact you directly or through a third-party service provider regarding the Services that you have subscribed to. We may also contact you with offers for additional services if you give us consent, or when it is allowed based on legitimate interests. The methods of contact may include:
You may update your newsletter subscription preferences by contacting us as described in the "Contact Us" section
We use various third-party web analytics tools such as Google Analytics to collect information on how you interact with our website. This data may include information on which pages you visit, how much time you spend on each page, which operating system and browser you use, and geographic location information. These tools will place cookies in your browser for this purpose which can only be used by the service provider. The data collected may be transmitted to and stored by these service providers in a country other than where you reside. This information does not include personal data such as names, addresses, email addresses, etc, and will be stored and used in accordance with their own privacy policies.
Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information regarding your activities on our web pages and other websites to provide you with advertising based on your interests, and to measure the effectiveness of the advertisements.
Compliance With Legal, Regulatory, And Law Enforcement Requests
We cooperate with law enforcement and government officials and private parties to comply with the law. We will, in our sole discretion, disclose any information about you to such parties as necessary to respond to claims and legal processes, to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or an individual, or to prevent or stop illegal or unethical activities.
If we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event we are required to provide your information to third parties as part of a legal process. If you request to delete your personal data, that request will be honoured only to the extent where the data is no longer needed for the Services you have accessed, or when it is no longer required for our business, legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us by:
Address: 159-161 Mahatma Gandhi Road
Fort, Mumbai - 400023
Phone: +91 022 22844484 | 22844519
We will respond to all requests within 30 days.
Updated and uploaded on July 20, 2021