TRAINING COURSE IN CONSERVATION OF PANEL PAINTINGS I - (TANJORE STYLE)
January 20-30, 2020
Timings: Monday-Saturday 1000 hrs- 1700 hrs
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS), Mumbai is pleased to announce the ten-days “TRAINING COURSE IN CONSERVATION OF PANEL PAINTINGS I - (TANJORE STYLE), as part of the CSMVS - Tata Trusts Art Conservation Initiative.
At the end of the 10-day training course, each participant will be able to:
- create, under guidance, a Tanjore style paintings;
- identify objective signs of deterioration of Tanjore paintings;
- express how Tanjore paintings deteriorate;
- demonstrate how various processes, tools and equipment can be employed for conservation of Tanjore paintings.
This is the first of four-panel conservation training courses that will be conducted over the course of this four-year initiative.
- Art historical overview of Tanjore paintings.
- Traditional and contemporary techniques of creating Tanjore paintings.
- Deterioration of Tanjore paintings, their examination and documentation.
- Conservation interventions: philosophies, case studies, practical sessions, traditional and modern practices of remedial conservation and restoration of Tanjore paintings.
Participants: Participants should be practicing conservators.
The training course is limited to 15 participants.
Application form: Training course application form can be downloaded here.
Please send your applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date of receipt of applications: January 05, 2020
Fees: There is no fee for this training course.
Kindly note: Participants are requested to kindly make their own travel, boarding and lodging arrangements.
For more information Download here
Haseeb Khan, Conservator-Restorer 022-22844485 / 22844484
Shivanand Trimbakkar, Conservator-Restorer 022-22844485 / 22844484
Parvinder Kaur, Conservator-Restorer 022-22844485 / 22844484
This training course is designed and supported by the Tata Trusts Art Conservation Initiative.