- The Board of Trustees of the Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya ('CSMVS') operates csmvs.in. Our principal place of business is at 159-161 Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort, Mumbai – 400023, Maharashtra, India. If you have any questions, you may contact us.
- CSMVS may change these terms from time to time so we recommend that you should check them regularly. The date of the last update and/or amendment will always be stated at the bottom of these terms. Your continued use of csmvs.in will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website.
- “CSMVS' Content” means the
- Images of CSMVS collections including the archival collection
- Details of exhibits, editorial or descriptive text
- images of museum building, galleries, lawns, public spaces (i.e., library, offices, storages, cafeterias)
- footage or any other media placed on labels, digital and electronic aids and graphic texts in galleries and Museum campus
- images and texts published in catalogues, booklets, brochures by the CSMVS
- images and texts published in handouts, activity sheets, teachers’ resources and downloadable activity sheets and teachers’ resources on csmvs.in and its sub domains (including downloadable mobile application)
- images and texts on csmvs.in, and its sub domains (including downloadable mobile application)
- images and texts on the CSMVS social media and digital platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
- images and texts on collaborative platforms (e.g., Enguru Learning app, The HeritageLab, etc.).
- The intellectual property rights in all CSMVS' Content comprising or contained within the above-mentioned list, is owned by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS), and other copyright owners as specified. All contents are under CC BY-NC-SA 4.0. (Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International)
Photography And Videography
This includes both wings of the Museum building, the Children’s Museum, the Museum Shop, the Visitors’ Centre and Auditorium, all open garden and ground areas.
- Only personal photography or videography, solely for private, noncommercial use, is allowed.
- Flash photography equipments, tripods, selfie sticks, standing lights, and other related equipment are prohibited.
- Resulting video images and photographs cannot be published, sold, reproduced, transferred, distributed, or otherwise commercially exploited in any manner whatsoever.
- Professional photography and videography are prohibited on the campus of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, unless prior and valid permissions are obtained from the Museum administration. All resultant images must be credited as follows: © Trustees, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, Mumbai and any copyright mentions as instructed.
- The Museum reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to film or photograph on its premises, or to reproduce videos or photographs of objects in its collections. Museum personnel are authorized to enforce all policies and procedures included herein.
Using CSMVS Collections For Non-commercial Purposes
We support and encourage users to appreciate CSMVS' Content. CSMVS considers the following as permitted non-commercial use of Content which can be downloaded / copied subject to the conditions described below:
- Personal use of Content for non-commercial research and private study.
- Educational use of Content for the purpose of teaching and instruction or by a student in course related work within an educational establishment.
- Downloading CSMVS copyright audio-visual Content for non-commercial offline listening or viewing.
- Downloading and printing of CSMVS copyright learning Content for non-commercial educational use.
- Embedding links to CSMVS audio-visual Content for non-commercial use, providing no Third-Party Content rights are infringed
The following conditions apply:
- Images cannot be published in print except as handouts for instruction for the above-mentioned purposes.
- Images of CSMVS collections, exhibits on display anywhere in the CSMVS campus photographed on individual’s mobile phone or digital camera as photo or video is included under this.
- All images must be credited as follows: © Trustees, Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, Mumbai.
- Images for use in artworks / brochures for any kind of publicity, as display aids and catalogues are subject to our commercial conditions.
Using Content On CSMVS Collections For Commercial Purposes
Professional photography and videography are prohibited on the campus of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya, unless prior and valid permissions are obtained from the Museum administration.
If you wish to use Content for a use that is commercial or for a use not covered by the USING CONTENT ON CSMVS COLLECTIONS FOR NON-COMMERCIAL PURPOSES, please contact our Image Acquisitions Team: email@example.com
Please download the Image Copyright form CSMVS Image Requisition Form (External) for further details.
The Museum reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to film or photograph on its premises, or to reproduce videos or photographs of objects in its collections. Museum personnel are authorized to enforce all policies and procedures included herein.
Address: 159-161 Mahatma Gandhi Road,
Fort, Mumbai - 400023
Phone: +91 022 22844484 | 22844519
We will respond to all requests within 30 days.
These terms and conditions were last updated in 1 November 2021.