In an attempt to create awareness of the threats faced by sparrows in cities,
the Natural History section of the CSMVS is organizing a photography competition for the World Sparrow Day celebrated on 20th March. The theme for the competition is ‘HOUSE SPARROW’. Participants can send their DSLR or mobile phone photographs. The two categories (DSLR and Mobile Phone photographs) will be judged separately. The participants will have to send in their soft copies by email to email@example.com
The last date of sending your entries is 20th April, 2019.
- Original soft copy of the photograph must be submitted.
- Soft copy sent should be in .jpeg format.
- EXIF (Exchangeable image file format) details must be mentioned along with the soft copy.
- No filters, no monochrome, no edits and no watermarks should be present on the photograph.
- Photograph entries can be from DSLR and Mobile phones. Please send only ONE photo/entry per category.
- Only selected photographs will be exhibited.
- By entering this contest you agree that any winning or short-listed/finalist images you submit may be used by the CSMVS solely for marketing and promotional purposes of this contest exhibitions, displays in the Museum or future contests and no other purpose, these uses include; displaying the entries on the contest website, promotion of the contests and the photographers, cropping and re-sizing the image as necessary to fit pre-defined formats for the competition.
- The CSMVS respects photographer’s rights and does not claim copyright over images submitted to this contest, you the photographer retain full copyright in each entry. Whenever your image is published by the institute, you will be credited. Failure to publish a credit due to error or oversight shall not be deemed a breach of this condition.
- The judge’s decision is final and they will not enter in to communication relating to entries.
- Details relating to any prizes will be sent to the winner via email within 30 days of the winner being announced.